Outpatient Infusion Center
The Outpatient Infusion Center at Silver Cross Hospital offers convenience for patients who require frequent infusions of medications, including those with central lines. We work with a diverse population of patients, including:
- Patients with blood disorders
- Patients requiring intravenous antibiotics
- Patients requiring frequent medication injections
- Other patients who require intravenous treatments, but are not hospitalized
The Outpatient Infusion Center specializes in intravenous (IV) treatments. Patients receive their infusion in a comfortable recliner in a private treatment bay and may watch television, listen to music, read or just relax.
Services and treatments provided include, but are not limited to:
- Central line catheter care
- Hydration therapy
- IV antibiotic therapy
- IV immune globulin
- Intramuscular injections
- Monoclonal antibodies
- Subcutaneous injections
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- Transfusions of blood products
Supplemental services support the clinical care provided during each visit and are tailored to meet the unique needs of each individual patient. To create an optimal care experience, our team also:
- Provides assessment and evaluations
- Supplies educational and instructional materials
- Offers procuring specimens for lab testing required for medication management
- Provides updates to the primary physician
- Participates in ongoing utilization reviews with the primary physician to promote the best treatment outcomes
- Provides documentation in the form of treatment and utilization reports, progress notes, nursing assessments and discharge summaries
Infusion services are provided by experienced nurse clinicians who specialize in intravenous treatments. A clinical pharmacist is available to assist nursing staff in the pharmacologic management of certain disease states requiring frequent medication administration.
Location and Hours
The Outpatient Infusion Center is located in the Pavilion A, Suite 540 on the Silver Cross Hospital campus. The Center is open Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to Noon by appointment only. We work with patients to provide a treatment schedule that provides minimal disruption to their activities of daily living. Families are welcomed and encouraged to accompany patients, as involvement and understanding of the clinical regimen supports compliance.
Call for an Appointment
To schedule an appointment in the Outpatient Infusion Center, please call (815) 300-7134. After hours you may leave a message including your name, your physician, the type of treatment you are seeking and a convenient time to reach you. Calls will be returned on the next day.
A physician's order is required for treatment.