Behavioral Health/Chemical Dependency
Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization Program
The Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP) at Silver Cross Hospital is designed as an alternative to inpatient mental health treatment or as a transition from the inpatient behavioral health program back into the community.
Services are provided by a diverse team comprised of physicians, registered nurses, behavioral health therapists and social workers.
We invite patients, families and referring treatment team members to contribute to developing the individual’s treatment plan. Family members are an important part of our treatment approach.
PHP is appropriate for patients with emotional illness that requires an intensive structured program of therapy to attain specific treatment goals. Psychiatric conditions and stressors that warrant Partial Hospitalization treatment include:
- Symptomatic mood or anxiety disorders with significant impairment of functioning.
- Decreased daily functioning due to loss, grief, loneliness and other life stressors.
- Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness without active suicidality.
- Dual diagnosis track available for patients with co-occurring symptoms of emotional illness and substance abuse or dependence.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Serious emotional disorder that requires intensive treatment without requiring 24-hour supervision.
- Patients must be sufficiently organized in thinking to participate in group activities within the structure of the program.
- Patients must show ability to care for their own personal needs.
- Patients will assume responsibility for taking their own medications as prescribed.
- Patients must have adequate shelter, assume responsibility for transportation and voluntarily enter the program.
- Patients must be able to build therapeutic relationships and be able to adhere to the program rules and program requirements.
Services are covered by most major health insurances, Medicaid and Medicare.
Program meets Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.