Hospital Emergency Department
Silver Cross Hospital Emergency Department
1900 Silver Cross Blvd.
New Lenox, IL 60451
The Silver Cross Hospital Emergency Department is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with a team of highly-skilled independent, board certified emergency medicine physicians*, advanced practice nurses, registered nurses and support staff specially trained in the emergency treatment of adults, children and infants.
Your emergency team has the professional backing of over 700 physicians including pediatric specialists with Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. These specialists are at Silver Cross Hospital 24/7 to consult when necessary.
The Silver Cross Hospital Emergency Department is:
- A state-designated Level II Trauma Center
- Designated as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission
- Recognized by the Illinois Department of Public Health as an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics
- The resource hospital for the Silver Cross Emergency Medical Services (EMS) System training paramedics and first responders with over 30 fire department and ambulance services
Quick, Efficient Emergency Care
In an emergency situation, every second counts. So, when it came time to design the emergency department which opened in 2012, improving access and expediting care were top priorities. Our location is easily accessible from I-80,
I-355 and Route 6.
Each of the 34 patient rooms and 4 Trauma rooms are glass-enclosed for noise reduction and privacy and have mobile furniture which allows the flexibility to bring in lifesaving equipment and medical supplies according to the patient’s needs.
The Emergency Department is located next to Diagnostic Imaging for speedy results. There is a dedicated elevator to transport patients up one floor to the Procedural Care Unit for emergency interventions and surgery. And, for those patients who require admission to the hospital, it is a short trip in the elevator to one of our 289 family-friendly private rooms.
Patients also have convenient access to their electronic medical records through MYSilverCross. And with Walgreens onsite, you have the opportunity to obtain any prescribed medications before you leave. In fact, they will be delivered to your room!
* Physicians on Silver Cross Hospital’s Medical Staff have expertise in their areas of practice to meet the needs of patients seeking their care. These physicians are independent practitioners on the Medical Staff and are not the agents or employees of Silver Cross Hospital. They treat patients based upon their independent medical judgment and they bill patients separately for their services.